Momma Bongo's Millimanjaro Mango Curry
AS we all know Momma Bongo doesn't like things too hot and hasn't got a sweet tooth at all (MUCH!) So Bongo invented this alternative Millimanjaro curry just for her and we thought you might like to try it too! You can, of course, make it with the hotter Chillimanjaro should you so wish. Its a really delicious, creamy curry. As always put as much or as little in as you'd like of all the ingredients - this is just our version!
You will need:
Oil for cooking (we use olive oil)
Diced Chicken - 1 breast per person
A jar of Millimanjaro (or Chillimanjaro)
2 onions chopped
1 x bunch of Spring onions sliced
1 x pack of green beans chopped
2cm cube of ginger finely sliced
1 x fresh or tinned (drain before use) mango (Tinned is easier - fresh tastes better!)
1 x tin of coconut cream (alternatively use natural yogurt!)
1. To your pan add a slurp of oil and heat then fry your onions and ginger in a frying pan until golden brown and soggy.
2. Add your jar of Millimanjaro, stir and cook for a couple of mins
3. Add your raw chicken and fry up until nearly cooked through.
4. Add your green beans and cook for 2 mins more
5. Add the tin of coconut cream and simmer on a lowish heat for 10mins or so until the chicken is fully cooked.
6. Tip in your mango and stir, simmer for a couple of mins
7. Garnish with your spring onions and serve, drink wine, relax and enjoy!
So there you have it, a quick, simple curry just like Momma Bongo likes it!
Millimanjaro, the mild-mannered Indian chilli pickle made with fresh red chilli. Spicy with a mild taste of chilli it's our family friendly pickle and a good place to start
Bongo's Heat - Mild (ish)
Perfect with cheese, curry, eggs, chilli con carne, sandwiches - we eat it with everything! Add it to sauces, use as a curry paste or have it as a marinade for BBQ’s - a spoonful a day keeps a cold away too!
Suitable for Vegetarians. Contains mustard.
Now available in 170g or 260g jars for those who really love their Bongo's