Italian Exotic Mushroom Spaghetti alla Veggie Chilli Crush
A vegetarian mushroom feast! We met Smithy's Exotic Mushroom Company at the weekend and thought our vegetarian Bongo's fans might love this simple pasta dish!
You will need:
1 onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
A Whole Load Of Mushrooms (we were lucky to have Smithy's but you could use any) roughly chopped into chunks!
splash of white wine
spaghetti (or whatever pasta you love)
1 heaped tsp (or more) of Bongo's Veggie Chilli Crush
4 spring onions finely chopped
(pre-boil your water for the pasta as this is a very quick dish)
1. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan.Gently fry your onions until soft
2. Add your garlic to fry with the onions- you want it soft but don't let it burn!
3. Put your pasta in to the boiling water and keep it boiling - you want it aldente so cook just under the cooking instructions.
4. Add a good tsp of Veggie Chilli Crush and stir into onions and garlic
5. Add a glugg of dry white wine - drink the rest. Cook out for a minute or so.
6. Add your mushrooms and cook so they're still a little firm (nobody likes grey mushrooms!)
7. Dain your pasta and add to your mushroom mix- twirl it around so the pasta coats with the butter/olive oil/mushroom gorgeousness
8. Serve with some lovely bread and enjoy!