Caribbean Chilli Pineapple with Coconut Ice Cream!
Many thanks to Mr J & Iona for allowing us to put his recipe on our website - but it sounded for too good to miss!
You will need:
1 fresh pineapple
a jar of Firework Jerk
Sunflower oil or spray
To have made or bought Coconut ice-cream. Mr J & Iona recommend Jame's Martin's recipe but due to copyright I couldn't publish that! Here's a link to a good BBC recipe for coconut ice-cream to serve with it!
Instructions from Mr J: Top:
1. Tail and peel the pineapple.
2. Slice longways into 12 and take out the core.
3. Brush both sides with Firework Jerk. Leave to marinate if you have time.
4. Get frying or griddle pan really hot. Add a little light oil and cook the pineapple for about 3 mins each side. (Alternatively in the summer you could wrap the slices in foil and cook on the BBQ)
5. Serve with ice cream. Enjoy!
Thanks Mr J for sharing! It looks and sounds delicious!